Tuesday, July 03, 2012

BbWorld12 app: Get it now!

Ha!  Ask and you shall receive, right?

Yippee!  The BbWorld 12 app is available now.  You can search the iTunes store for it, or access it here.  I already downloaded it this weekend and had a few minutes to browsie, browsie...


Like the previous version, there are the usual suspects, but also a few new things.  Let's go through them, why don't we...

Attendees:
You can't seem to scroll through the list of attendees (total bummer for stalkers, but probably a good thing, you know, 'cause of stalkers) but if you know someone's name, you can look them up. 


You know you are going to look yourself up right now, so just go ahead.  I'll be doing the same thing while I wait.



Sponsors:
Whew!  Quite a few sponsors listed here.  I count over 65!  Selecting one of the sponsors will show you more information about said sponsor, including who you can contact and what booth they will be at.  I'm showing the end of the list here, because let's face it all you Zalfred Zimmers out there, the Aaron Arnolds of the world always get top billing, so for once it's your turn for some glory.


I have worked with the fine people over at Intelecom for many years and am glad to see them at the conference once again...


If you click on the booth number on their info page, you get taken to the exhibit hall map and can see where they are located. Go visit them!


Macmillan:
Cool.  This looks to be a entry to possibly win an iPad. I just filled it out and it was pretty easy.  Go enter now! (Or don't, so my odds of winning are better.)



Booths:
This is a map of the exhibit hall and where you can find all the vendors.  Sadly you can't tap on a booth to see who's at that booth, but you if you know who you are looking for, you can search for them at the top.



Sessions:
This, my friends, is the meat of the app (in my opinion). Select what part of the conference you want to see sessions for (for example, BbWorld...)


And then select if you want to see all of them, or by:
  • Audience - Government/Military, Higher Education, K-12, Prof & Career Colleges, Not Audience Specific
  • Platform - Analytics, ANGEL, CE/Vista, Collaborate, Connect, Learn, Mobile, Student Services, Transact, Not Platform Specific
  • Role - Academic & Exec Officers, Academic Technologists, Developers, Enrollment & Admissions, Faculty & Teachers, Instructional Designers, IT Executive Leaders, Online Edu Prog Manag, System Admins, Training & Support Leads, Not Role Specific
  • Themes - Analytics in Action, Digital Content, Mobility, Other, Social Learning, Technology Adoption
 


Once you select your desired filter, you can browse the sessions and if you want to remember to go to that session you can add it to your calendar.




For me, I would add any session I went to to my calendar, because after so many sessions you tend to forget which ones you have been to, so it's a nice reference.

News:
Read all about it here to see what's going on in the BbWorld.  I totally missed the deadline for the Jeopardy thing.  Guess I need to check it more often...


Photos:
BbWorld photos will be posted here, but for now you will just find a few...


Videos:
Your direct access to all videos BbWorld.  Some of these are quite interesting!


Twitter:
If you plan on twittering your way through BbWorld, this app has made it a whole lot easier to tweet and read other tweets.  Tweet away!


Facebook:
Check out BbWorld's Facebook page directly through this app to see what awesome things are being posted!


Scavhunt:
Scavenger hunt?!  Oh, it is ON!  This was the first thing I noticed when I got the app and I immediately signed up.


Currently I'm in first place (of course, so is everyone else), but I thought I'd savor it for the brief moment that it will be.  I can't wait to get started. I'm such a sucker for games.


GoMobile:
Interested in Blackboard Mobile?  Fill out the form here and someone will get back to you.



Oh sure, much of this post may sound like a paid advertisement, but I assure you that I have not received any free iPads, gold doubloons, or tickets to see Maroon 5 live. 

I'm not beyond it, however.  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, thanks for signing up for ScavHunt! Setup and Rules are at http://bit.ly/bbw12, look there for updates, starts at 4:00pm on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete